Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Vivisection

Is vivisection justified?
Do the pain that animals endure, justify the pain elevated to humans?
Do animals have consciousness?

I do think that vivisection is justified but i do think that the author does give a good argument to the contrary side. That fact of the matter is I believe that human life is more important than any other animal life. That being said I do believe that pain should be elevated to animals as much as possible to obtain results in the lab testing. I believe that animals do have a consciousness which is why I do support less pain for them, but at the end of the day human life is more important than animal life. I believe this claim because of the the humans are on the top of the food chain. Do we have the same argument that a loin shouldn't hit a gazelle? No. We have this standpoint that the loin is doing what it can do to survive. Same with vivisection, this is to have the human race, as a species, keep on surviving. I don't think that anyone can disagree with that standpoint in a strictly Darwinism point if view. The idea that it is a moral standpoint of humans is where the author has the upper hand. The being that humans can do whatever they want to animals from a biblical or moral standpoint is definitely flawed. This is where I get my stance that pain should be elevated as much as possible to get the results in the lab. We should look at these animals not as equals but as the fact that no animal really deserves that much pain. Even if a dog kills a man it should not be put to death because of the fact that it is not taught right from wrong in a human sense. Most animals are more of A Social then having constant thoughts of right and wrong which means that they consciously do not have the required method of thinking to better use themselves in a human society. Since they do not have that required method of thinking they do not deserve the pain of animal testing. This comes to the final conclusion of meshing in two ideas of thought that animal testing is justified to keep the species alive, but the animals that endure the testing should have the least pain possible to get the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment